The NWM Friendly CW NET runs at 15wpm on Mondays evenings at 7:30pm local time. The club currently using different frequencies for each Monday, to allow for different participants needs. You can see the dates and frequencies for Mondays nets by clicking here.
Below is the training CW Quiz Net format which can be varied by the net controller depending on numbers and conditions.
Participants should listen for the net starting on or very near the scheduled frequency. Should a change of frequency be needed, the net controller will send QSY (change frequency) followed by the new frequency in numbers.
In this example, the Net Controller is David using club call M0JUW and the first caller is Jo M9ABC. The Quiz topic is Drinks. Comments are in lower case and example CW is in CAPITALS.
1. Net Controller Checks Frequency is clear
If no response, net controller starts the net
2. Net Controller send welcome to open net
Participants listen for the Net Controller.
WELCOME TO NORTH WEST MORSE QUIZ NET = OP DAVID = CLUB CALL M0JUW = AT 15 WPM = ES ANY OP CAN CALL =
3. Net Controller calls for any op to check in
CQ CQ NWM QUIZ NET =
CQ CQ DE M0JUW MOJUW = PSE K
After the K you can check-in. If the Net Controller replies to someone else, you can check-in next time, or the Controller may call you if he got part or all your callsign.
You check-in with your call, or with M0JUW DE your call then K
M9ABC K or M0JUW DE M9ABC K
Controller welcomes you, asks you to standby (QRX), calls for next check-in:
M9ABC DE MOJUW = WELCOME JO ES PSE QRX QRX TU =
5. Net controller calls again for any more check-ins:
CQ CQ NWM QUIZ NET CQ CQ DE M0JUW M0JUW PSE K
Next op calls in, and so on
If no more calls, Net Controller sends NIL =
Net Controller may then send list of check-ins, so participants know list order
QUIZ NET TDY IS M9ABC ES M0BCD PSE QRX K
QUIZ TIME (topic is DRINK words)
6. Controller calls first Op to send a word in DRINK topic, twice
M9ABC DE M0JUW PSE SEND UR DRINK WORD TWICE K
First Op replies with their word in DRINK, twice, then K
– M0JUW DE M9ABC MILK MILK K
7. Controller calls second Op to send word(s) heard and a new word twice
M9BCD DE M0JUW PSE SEND WORDS HEARD ES UR NEW WORD TWICE K
Second Op replies with the first word and their own new word twice, then K
– M0JUW DE M9BCD MILK TEA TEA K
8. Controller takes turn, sends all words heard, adds new word twice, then K
– M0ABC ES M0BCD DE M0JUW MILK TEA COFFEE COFFEE K
9. Controller calls first Op for all words heard, and a new word twice, then K
– M9ABC DE M0JUW PSE SEND ALL WORDS ES UR NEW WORD TWICE K
First Op replies with all words heard and adds a new word twice, then K
– M0JUW DE M9ABC MILK TEA COFFEE WATER WATER K
And so on round the group, until controller calls for final overs. Quiz is in good fun, and Ops can substitute a word(s) they did not hear, or add own words.
11. Final Overs
The Net Controller then calls each op in turn for a final over.
11. Net Closes
Net Controller thanks all calls, wishes all well and closes the net.
NOW GRC FRND NET CLS CLS TNX ALL OPS ES LISTENERS HPE CUAGN SN
GBYE FROM GILMORE RADIO CLUB = NEXT NET ON WEBSITE = 73 QRT SK EE
For more information on North West Morse – Click Here
North West Morse Team – Chris 2E0KJC and David M0WDD – Mar 2022